Three Tasty Hop City Holiday Hacks
April 10, 2018
We know the holidays can be hectic so we’ve put together three of our favourite Hop City Holiday Hacks for the season!
1. Polly Punch
To kick things off, let us introduce your next holiday party MVP, Polly Punch. Festive and refreshing this fool proof punch is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
4 strawberries, chopped
¼ cup blueberries
¼ cup sugar
2 tablespoons grenadine
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 473mL cans Polly Want A Pilsner
In a bowl add the strawberries, blueberries, sugar, grenadine, and lime juice. Stir to dissolve as much sugar as possible. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, stirring a couple of times to agitate and help create juices.
When ready to serve, pour in the beer give a gentle stir to combine. Cheers!
_ _ _ _
2. Polly Pilsner Cheese Fondue
Not sure what to serve at your next party? Make your own pilsner cheese fondue! It’s simple, delicious, and beer and cheese are sure to please.
1 pound aged cheddar, shredded
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 pinch each of chili powder, paprika, cayenne
1 ½ teaspoons mustard powder
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
1 medium shallot, minced
1 cup Polly Want A Pilsner
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (or to taste)
1. Toss shredded cheddar in cornstarch, chili powder, paprika, cayenne, and mustard powder set aside.
2. Heat butter in frying pan, then sauté garlic and shallots for 5 minutes. Be careful they do not brown or burn.
3. Add the pilsner and Worcestershire sauce. Heat until simmering.
4. Add the cheese, a little at a time until it’s all melted and stir to combine.
5. Pour mixture into your chosen fondue pot and light according to your manufacturer’s instructions.
6. Dip apples, sausage, bread and more. Enjoy!
_ _ _ _ _
3. Polly Pilsner Caesar
All good things don’t need to end. Keep the beer theme going with your own pilsner Caesar. A twist on the classic makes a great #HangoverHack
Caesar rimmer, to taste
1 lime, cut into wedges
Ice, to taste
½ 473mL can Polly Want A Pilsner
1 cup spicy Clamato juice
Hot sauce, to taste
Worcestershire sauce, to taste
1. Pour Caesar Rim Trimmer into a saucer. Rim two glasses with a lime wedge. Dip rims into Trimmer and twist to coat evenly.
2. Fill glasses with ice. Divide beer between glasses, then pour in Clamato juice.
3. Shake in dashes of hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Grind Pepper over top and garnish with lime wedges.
Back to News